There are several things that can cause problems with your television picture. Different types of problems will cause your picture to degrade in different ways. The first thing to check is whether we have posted any network outage on our web site – this may be found in the main customer service section. If that does not appear to be your problem, review the following quick fix tips if your picture looks like any of the following:
- Look for loose power cords and make sure they are plugged in all the way
- If the wall outlet is controlled by a wall switch, make sure the wall switch is in the ON position.
- Check the remote control batteries this way: Get up and turn on the TV or cable box by pressing the power button on their front panel. Now return to your seat and use the remote to turn off the TV or cable box. If it does not turn off, then change the batteries in the remote control.
TV on the Wrong Input:
If the TV was recently used to play video games, VCR tapes, DVD movies or home camera movies, then you may need to return the INPUT to the TV.
- Press the INPUT button (this may also be labeled TV/VIDEO, SOURCE or Antenna) on the TV or the remote control that came with the TV.
- A menu displays on the TV screen. Select the option for TV. It may be labeled Cable TV, CATV, CAB, Input 1, Video 1, Antenna 1, AV1 or other name (check the TV user manual). You may have to select each option, one at a time, by pressing the up or down arrow on the TV front panel or TV remote to determine the right setting.
Your television may have several different types of connectors:
Make sure that all connectors are tightened to ensure the best quality picture.
- Turn OFF the VCR
- With the TV ON, turn the VCR OFF (and DVD player OFF, if installed). If the TV picture did not return, go to the next step.
- Put the TV on Channel 3
- With the TV ON and the VCR ON, use the channel button on the front of the TV to select channel 3 (also try channel 2, then channel 4).
- Put the VCR on Channel 3.
- With the TV ON and the VCR ON, use the channel button on the VCR remote control to select channel 3 (also try channel 2, then channel 4).
Reboot Cable Box
- Reboot the cable box by unplugging its power cord from the wall outlet or power strip (just turning off and on the power button does not reboot the cable box).
- Wait 20 seconds.
- Plug it back in. Note that the program guide data may be missing for 5 to 20 minutes after reboot.
Check Account Status
Check the balance and due date on your last bill. If your payment is overdue, it is possible that your service has been temporarily disconnected.
- You can make a payment online by clicking here
- Or you can call our Customer Care Center at 888-855-9036.